- Represented Tulsa-based investors in the Delaware Court of Chancery in an action for breach of fiduciary duty, for aiding and abetting that breach, and to avoid fraudulent transfers made in violation of the Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act. Following three-day bench trial and substantial post-trial briefing and argument, the court found the defendants liable and ordered all fraudulent transfers to be unwound. At trial, conducted the direct examination of our client’s technical expert. Previously briefed and argued successful motions to compel and for contempt for which the court awarded our client all attorneys’ fees and costs incurred in bringing the motions. Previously briefed and argued in opposition to a motion to dismiss for lack of personal jurisdiction over an out-of-state defendant, which the court denied. Successfully opposed that defendant’s subsequent motion for summary judgment.
- Represented a landowner in dispute concerning liability for a demolition worksite accident in the Circuit Court of Cook County and the Illinois Appellate Court. Following substantial briefing, won the appeal in which the Appellate Court affirmed the trial court’s grant of summary judgment and held that the landowner owed no duty to protect the worker where the landowner gave up control of the worksite to its contractors.
- Representing surgeon in defamation lawsuit against a prominent television network in the Circuit Court of Cook County. Defeated a hotly-contested motion to dismiss following multiple rounds of briefing complex arguments involving novel legal issues and a three-hour oral argument utilizing a PowerPoint presentation to clarify the nuanced legal and factual arguments for the Court.
- Represented national company in bringing suit against competitor for breach of restrictive covenants and misappropriation of trade secrets. Won a temporary restraining order for client. Without taking any discovery, obtained confidential favorable settlement for client.
- Represented national company before the American Arbitration Association in suit for breach of contract and fraud. Without taking any depositions or filing any motions, obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of our client.
- Represented Chicago-based commercial realty and management company in bringing suit
against former tenant for unpaid rent. Successfully briefed and argued motion for summary
judgment, obtaining full relief for client. Also briefed and argued successful motion to strike
defendant’s counterclaim as a sanction for discovery violations.
- Represented national company against title insurer in dispute over insurance company’s breach of its duty to defend and indemnify in underlying suit. Simplified and presented key issues in complex land dispute to federal trial judge during settlement conference. Following that settlement conference, we obtained confidential favorable settlement on client’s behalf.
- Represented national company during contract negotiations with one of its foreign sales representatives. Drafted the parties’ non-exclusive sales representation agreement.