Chapman Spingola’s corporate attorneys are well known for their experience and strategic legal advice. Our corporate practice includes a full range of services for entrepreneurs, emerging ventures, growth companies, and established corporations
Attorneys regularly handle matters involving:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Strategic investment transactions
- Venture capital, equity, and debt financing
- Structuring and capitalization of new business ventures
- Corporate governance
- Manufacturing, distribution, supply, purchase and sale agreements
- Services and subscription agreements
- Employment matters
- Real estate and equipment leases
- Professional services and product development
Employment Matters & Best Practices
Chapman Spingola attorneys advise clients concerning employment matters and best practices:
- Drafting or reviewing restrictive covenants, including non-competition, non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements
- Implementing of equity incentive programs
- Preparing of employment agreements for executive team and C-suite members
- Preparing and negotiating of termination/severance agreements
- Responding to wage claims
- Responding to discrimination claims
- Reviewing interviewing and hiring policies and practices
- Reviewing performance management policies and practices
- Reviewing HIPAA, FMLA and FLSA compliance
Support For In-house Counsel
For existing in-house counsel or departments, Chapman Spingola serves as an excellent alternative to hiring an additional, full-time counsel or outsourcing overflow commercial work that might otherwise be handled by an experienced in-house counsel.
Outside General Counsel Services
Chapman Spingola is the go-to firm for businesses seeking outside counsel services, either to function as a general counsel or to supplement the in-house legal team. At the heart of the business counseling practice is the outside general counsel (OGC) services program. Our corporate attorneys invest substantial time with each client to understand its business model and industry in order to provide customized service targeting each client’s unique needs and available resources. The OGC practice couples an efficient, readily-accessible, and single point of contact for your legal issues.
Special Legal Project Management
When a company is involved in an intricate project such as complex financing, merger, acquisition, litigation, or patent prosecution, Chapman Spingola can manage the “legal project” as the outsourced de facto general counsel, including sourcing and coordinating with the additional outside counsel as appropriate. Legal Project Management removes the supervisory resource drain on management teams.
For additional information, please contact Mike Fatall or any of the practice members referenced on the team page.