I have many years of business experience acting as general counsel to clients ranging from middle-market and large companies to high-growth businesses in diverse fields including manufacturing and distribution, advertising and marketing, enterprise software distribution, logistics, mobile computing technology, and gaming. My experience, coupled with my training as a certified public accountant, make me uniquely qualified to partner with business leaders and to provide balanced, practical strategic advice. My clients value my ability to lead a team to develop pragmatic, creative solutions to complex legal problems. As part of my practice, I regularly:
- Act as lead legal counsel representing buyers and sellers in connection with structuring, negotiating, financing and documenting business mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions as well as real property acquisitions and dispositions.
- Provide corporate counsel in a variety of contract matters including real property leases, executive employment agreements, executive separation agreements, distribution agreements, vendor agreements, and licensing agreements.
- Advise boards of directors with respect to corporate governance and fiduciary duty matters.
- Provide counsel to lenders and borrowers in connection with structuring, negotiating and documenting significant secured business loans for acquisition and working capital purposes.
- Provide legal counsel regarding the structuring and capitalization of new business ventures.
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS COLLEGE OF LAW
Juris Doctor, 1987
- University of Illinois Law Review, Associate Editor
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA-CHAMPAIGN
Bachelor of Science, Accountancy, 1984