To learn more about our Commercial Litigation track record and practice, please reach out to XXXXXX.
- Won a $1.2 million award, including $750,000 in punitive damages, and judicial conveyance of property for client in a real estate partnership dispute. (Affirmed on appeal).
- Successfully represented a private equity firm in bringing suit in New York County state court for breach of contract and fraud against the buyer of a software company. In less than one year of litigation, obtained a favorable settlement that yielded a 100% recovery for the client.
- Obtained a $4.1 million award for a national automotive engineering firm in an arbitration involving claims of breach of a joint venture agreement.
- Successfully represented the limited partners of an electronic trading company against their general partner – and co-conspirators – in the Delaware Court of Chancery for breach of fiduciary duty and for violations of the Fraudulent Transfer Act. The court entered judgment against the defendants, voided all fraudulent transfers and appointed a trustee to liquidate the business.
- Defeated an emergency motion for a temporary restraining order in New Jersey Federal Court, which directly resulted in the plaintiff dismissing a lawsuit against our client.
To learn more about our IP Litigation track record and practice, please reach out to XXXXXX.
- Represented a distributor of medical equipment in connection with its supplier’s breach of an exclusive distribution agreement and various IP infringement claims. After summary judgment on liability was entered against the supplier, we tried the damages case and obtained a judgment in excess of $1 million. The Seventh Circuit United States Court of Appeals affirmed the trial court victory.
- Defended a Fortune 100 automobile manufacturer against claims of patent infringement in excess of $80 million pending in a Michigan federal court. The defense involved multiple patents, hundreds of claims, and complex litigation impacted by not only IPR proceedings before the United States Patent & Trademark Office but also an administrative hearing before the International Trade Commission. After a few days of trial, the case settled for a confidential amount.
- Executed a litigation strategy and settlement structure that helped our engineering firm client recover $22 million in an infringement dispute concerning two Fortune 500 defense contractors.
- Successfully defended the industry leader in industrial storage equipment design against a $63 million claim that certain equipment infringed on a Canadian company’s patent.
- Defended a software engineer in a partnership dispute that involved alleged violations of the federal Computer Fraud and Abuse Act and the Stored Communications Act and secured a $5.6 million settlement for the client.
To learn more about our Technology & IP Transactions track record and practice, please reach out to Peter Spingola.
- Represented a major financial institution in the strategic sale of a technology operations platform valued at $70 million to another major financial institution.
- Represented global market-leading business process provider in the retail energy sector in the strategic acquisition of software and technology platform and related data and business assets, and negotiation of a multi-year business process and technology services agreement.
- Representing national provider of revenue-cycle management services to healthcare providers and hospitals in the negotiation of key technology license and services agreements valued at more than $20 million.
- Represented global packaging company in $3 billion divestiture. Shortly before the sale, we were brought in to negotiate over 50 critical technology, IP and commercial contracts necessary for the company to be up and running as of the sale. We continue to represent the company in a variety of commercial and IP matters.
- Representing global safety consulting and certification company in variety of transactional matters, including drafting and negotiating
- standards development, use and publishing agreements, data and content licensing agreements, consulting and services agreements and other commercial and intellectual property matters.
- Advise cloud service providers in the medical insurance senior industry with respects to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HI-TECH) data security and privacy compliance.
- Represented a global market-leading business process provider in the retail energy sector regarding a cyber-attack. Counseled on attack response, data security risk remediation and pre-litigation strategy.
- Represented a major university regarding a data breach dating back several years affecting current students and alumni. Counseled on breach response, data security risk remediation and pre-litigation strategy.
- Represented a major hotel chain in a data breach that involved significant exposure of customer credit cards at several locations. Handled breach response, advised on PCI-DSS and developed new internal data security governance standards.
To learn more about our Business Counseling and Transactions track record and practice, please reach out to XXXXXX.
- Represented the lead lender in connection with a $70 million syndicated secured credit facility to a national provider of correctional healthcare solutions.
- Representing retail industry entrepreneur in the sales of several business ventures valued together at more than $20 million.
- Represented the acquirer in connection with the structuring of the acquiring entity and its $9.5 million acquisition of three industrial properties located in two different states, and the debt facility that was obtained to finance the acquisitions.
- Represented market-leading business process provider in the retail energy sector in the strategic acquisition of software and technology platform and related data and business assets, and negotiation of a multi-year business process and technology services agreement.
- Negotiated the employment agreements to staff the senior leadership team of a major new equities exchange.